Houston Fire Department Public Affairs Internship
The Houston Fire Department’s Public Affairs Office has internship opportunities available for undergraduate students for the Summer 2019 semester. The Public Affairs intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in writing news releases, editorial content for print and web, photography assignments, event coverage, and the overall scope of communications, marketing, and public relations. The intern will report directly to the Public Information Officer. This internship position offers flexible hours to accommodate school and/or work schedules.
* Assist in writing assignments for news releases, newsletter content
* Assist in photography assignments for department events
* Assist with media database projects
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* An organized person studying PR, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently are required
Knowledge of different social media platforms
* Must be a sophomore or above, or have applicable internship/work experience
* Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Word preferred but not required.
DEADLINE IS May 1, 2019